- Customer pickup,
- In detail
- Country of manufactureRussia
- PackagingPlastic jerry can
Acetone (dimethylketone, systematic name: propanon) — the simplest representative of ketones.
Formula: CH3-C(O)-CH3. Colourless easily mobile flying liquid with a characteristic smell. Completely mixes up with water and the majority of organic solvents.
Acetone well dissolves many organic substances (cellulose acetate and nitrocellulose, wax, rubber, etc.), and also a number of salts (calcium chloride, potassium iodide). Is one of the metabolites made by a human body.
- Acetone is applied as raw materials to synthesis of many important chemical products, such as acetic anhydride, keten, mezitit diacetone alcohol, an oxide, methyl-isobutyl ketone, methylmethacrylate, difenilpropan, izoforon, diphenol A, etc.; example:
(CH3)2CO + 2 C6H5OH → (CH3)2C(C6H4OH)2 + H2O.
The last is widely applied at synthesis of polycarbonates, polyurethane and epoxies.
- Acetone is also the popular solvent considerably surpassing gasoline, turpentine and partly kerosene in respect of safety. In particular as solvent is used it:
- in production of varnishes;
- in production of explosives;
- in production of medicines;
- as a part of glue for films as solvent of acetate of cellulose and celluloid;
- component for cleaning of surfaces in various productions;
- as a cleaner of the tool and surfaces from polyurethane foam — in aerosol cans.
Without acetone it is impossible to store in compact (liquefied and in a cylinder) a state acetylene which under pressure is purely extremely explosive (can blow up even from concussion). For this purpose use the containers with porous material impregnated with acetone. 1 liter of acetone dissolves up to 250 liters of acetylene.Characteristics
|Name of indicators||Norm|
|1. Mass fraction of acetone, %, not less||99,5|
|2. Mass fraction of alcohols, %, no more||0,05|
|3. Mass fraction of the nonvolatile rest, %, no more||0,0005|
|4. Mass fraction of acids, %, no more||0,002|
|5. Mass fraction of alkalis, %, no more||0,001|
|6. Mass fraction of aldehydes, %, no more||0,002|
|7. A mass fraction of the substances restoring KMnO4(O), %, no more||0,0001|
|8. Mass fraction of water, %, no more||0,4|
|9. Content of insoluble organic impurity in water||has to pass test according to item 4.10|