Settlers of oil and settlers of water horizontal are intended for oil dehydration (i. e. separations of reservoir water from oil at the expense of a difference of density), with separation of the gas which remained in an oil emulsion.
Settlers are subdivided to destination on:
1. OG settlers (are intended for a sediment of an oil emulsion on oil preparation installations).
2. OGN - P settlers (oil settlers horizontal with partitions) are intended for purification of reservoir sewage.
3. Settlers IT (are applied to a sediment of an oil emulsion on installations of dehydration and an obessolivaniye of oil).
4. OGZhF settlers (are applied in treatment facilities to purification of oil - field sewage of the reservoir waters arriving from installation of preliminary collecting).
5. Settlers of OV it is applied to cleaning bedded and sewage from the remains of oil products and mechanical impurity.
6. OGV - G settlers (water settlers horizontal hydrophobic) are intended for a sediment of reservoir water, catching of the contained oil and separation of the having gas.
Depending on settler type the gravitational separation of oil from water occurs by a filtration via the liquid filter or through the mechanical filtering elements.